Beit Shemesh (Women): Peppers - MVP Natalie Zak
Jerusalem (A): Revolutionary Runners - MVP Abe Lauterpacht
Tel Aviv (B1): Jays - MVP David Burke
Petah Tikvah (B2): Antelopes - MVP Daniel Lewis
Eilat (C1): Blue Jews - Jonathan Gerwitz
Ramat Gan (C2): Primetimers
Haifa (C3): Rockies/Flex Custom Blinds - MVP Jason "Chico" Applebaum
Netanya 1 (D1-AL): The West
Netanya 2 (D1-NL): Whiskey Kings - MVP Adam Gilboord
Hadera (D2): Inglorious Batters
Kyriat Shmona (D3): Brew Crew - MVP Brandon Bernick
Masada (Montreal) : DiamondJacks
Good Luck in the
SCHEDULES UPDATED REGULARLY
Big Thanks to All who Came Out and Volunteered for the:
Sunday August 10th
Richmond Green Park
B'nai Brith All-Star Softball BBQ
To Volunteer (umpires; BBQ; Bases/setup)
or Participate on an All-Star team
(Limited Positions - Can nominate 3 players per team)
and include name, division, team, and position.
THE COACHES CONTACT LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED - SEE SIDE TAB
The Schedule is up and running!
Need New Jerseys
For the Season?
And make sure to mention that you play for B'nai Brith to take advantage of our partnership
REGISTRATION IS NOW BEING FINALIZED
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE IN FOR TEAM TO BE ADDED TO THE SCHEDULE
ANY PAYMENTS RECEIVED AFTER 12PM ON APRIL 14, 2014 WILL BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATION FEE
$100 - LATE TEAM PAYMENT
$25 - LATE INDIVIDUAL PAYMENT
B1 - Tuesdays
B2 - Tuesdays
C2 - Mondays
C3 - Thursdays
D1 - Wednesdays Thurs
D2 - Thursdays
D3 - Tues Thurs
Womens - Wednesdays
Our Facebook Page
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013 CHAMPIONS!!!
|| THE MENCHIES
|| Robin Cohen
| David Burke
| Issac Nacson
| Johnathan Greenbaum
| Bobby Scheinert
| Josh Medad
ONE BAD INNING
|| Jon Art
2014 Bnai Brith Men's and Women's softball policies
The following are some B'nai Brith Softball policies that all teams need to remember in order to have an efficiently run league. It is only with every teams help that we can run one of North America's largest Men's and Women's softball league as smoothly and issue free as we do. Please adhere to the following....
1)The winning team reports the score to
no later than noon the following day.
2) It is the Home team's responsibility to bring and secure the bases for that game.
3) It is also the Home team's responsibility to pick up and drop back a key if needed for the lights at a specific park. The key requirements are as follows:
All parks north of Steeles Ave. require a key to unlock the timer for the lights except Morgan Boyle in Richmond Hill. For Marita Payne and Yorkhill E & W there is one key. For all the other parks there is a different key.
The Home team will send someone to 15 Hove prior to game time to sign out a key. It needs to be returned by noon the next day so that days Home team can pick up the key for their game that night.
You can make a copy of the key for all parks except Marita Payne and Yorkhill. Vaughan charges $100 per key and they are not copyable. In past years after a week or two the boxes have been tampered with and no longer require a key. it is still the Home team's responsibility to make sure the lights are operational for their game. In other words the Municipality can always come along and fix the box so what worked last week will not work this week. Risky to take the chance!!
4) If for whatever reason your team is unable to play a game you must inform both the league and your opponent at least 12 hours prior by email. If less than 12 hrs notice is given (or no notice) your team will have defaulted the game as opposed to forfeiting the game. You will be assessed a $50 dollar default fee and your opponent will be awarded the win. Coaches email address can be found under "Contact Coaches" on our website.
5) As is the case every year the league has a zero tolerance position regarding any abuse ( verbal or physical ) against any official, opponent team member, spectator, or anyone in attendance at the game. All incidents will be reported by the on field umpires and appropriate action will take place. Let's have fun out there and not take ourselves too serious where actions escalate into inappropriate behaviour.
6) If you have not done so you can pick up your allotment of softballs and score/rule books at our 15 Hove St. office. We are open from 8am-7pm M-Th. We close 4pm on Fridays.
Have a great season. Play SAFE and most of all have FUN!!!
FOR A LISTING OF APPROVED/BANNED BATS FOR 2014 CLICK ON THIS LINK
Some reminders about the Bnai Brith Softball Playoff Structure
There has been several questions asked about determining a teams standings. Please remember when not all teams have played the same amount of games within the division then winning percentage is used and not total points. Please calculate your teams standings with this in mind. If there is a tie then the criteria used to break that tie will be used. You can find the full list of ctiteria further on in this message.
On the last day of regular play after all the scores have been reported, the standings for each division will be recalculated and re posted. We must deduct standing points from teams that have defaulted. 1 point per default. Our system does not do it automatically so we must manually calculate the final standings. It is imperative that the winning teams report their scores immediately after their games conclusion as to not delay the release of the final standings
We will be using the standard tie breaking methods if needed. Tiebreakers methods in order of use are;
1- Percentage used when not all teams have played equal amount of games.
2. - Number of wins (to be used only if the teams in question have played the exact same number of games, otherwise move to #3
3. - Head to head record
4. - Total run differential in the head to head games
5. - Fewest forfeits during the season (defaults already accounted for by loss of a point in the standings) *
6. - Fewest ejections during the season *
7. - Coin toss
If you have any questions Please forward them by email to